Thursday 11 October 2012

Taking the road less traveled...


They say life happens when you're busy making other plans...


Depending on how you choose to look at it, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it can be absolutely mind-blowing, totally unexpected and thrillingly exciting if you open yourself up to new possibilities and see where going with the flow takes you! You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised...

Nowadays, everybody is so caught up in trying to become someone, having their ducks in a row, getting that degree, earning a certain amount, that we confine and limit ourselves to what we (and others) expect us to be. But the reality is: we're players in a game where the rules are constantly changing. Hmmm, this sounds so formal and preachy. Let's make it more personal :)

At the time when Top Billing started advertising their competition for a new TV Presenter, I was happily and comfortably teaching singing at the local Frank Pietersen Music Centre in Paarl. I was working long hours with the pupils' exams coming up, and becoming a TV presenter was the LAST thing on my preoccupied mind.

Scene

Enter: my mum (She watches Top Billing almost religiously lol!)

Mum: Lynelle, did you see this?? Top Billing is looking for a new presenter!
Lynelle: Ok, thanks mum. I'm tired, maybe I'll check it out later...

A week later:

Mum: Look, here they're advertising the presenter search again! Have you entered yet?
Lynelle: Mum... (sigh) I haven't had time, I've been so busy at work. I'll get to it some other time...

And so this back-and-forth went on for what seemed like forever. Eventually, I decided to enter JUST so that my mum would stop nagging. I completed the online form, printed a picture, and got up one cold winter's morning at half past 4 to get in the queue with hundreds of other hopefuls, all waiting to take their shot at what's been labeled "THE job of a lifetime"... And despite how my audition came about, I cannot deny that it's been the best decision I ever made (Yes mum, you're allowed to say you told me so!)

But don't be mistaken by thinking it's been an easy ride. The hard work starts now. And I'm SO ready to give it my best shot. This blog is about me stepping out into the spotlight and saying, "World, this is me. This is what I have to offer!" This is my journey, to continue to grow and push myself with all its challenges and triumphs. A girl from the farmlands, sharing her passion and joy on a bigger stage than she ever dreamed of...

So allow me to embark on this incredible journey with you, and I promise to make it a ride to remember... ;)

Love and light!

Lynelle ♥

Biscuit Mill vibes in Woodstock: Soaking up some sun with Nat (my sister from another mother!)



No comments:

Post a Comment