Friday 19 October 2012

Rebirth

Dear friends

Thanks for the wonderful feedback on my first post! I loved hearing from you what you thought I should name my new blog; there were some funny and heartwarming suggestions and the decision was a tough one to make!
After much debate, I'm happy to announce that my blog will henceforth be known as...

*insertdrumroll*

Au natu-real: Adventures of the Curl-girl dreaming big!

OK, cheesy!!! Perhaps a little, but for those of you who've seen some of my work, it testifies of my belief that one can incorporate humor alongside a strong work ethic, making the path to success a scenic and enjoyable ride :)

In any case...

I'd like to share with you now a piece of writing, something I composed a while ago, but that somehow became more relevant and meaningful in the past couple of months. It came about after I had gone through a painful and difficult experience, one that changed me for the better, and for me the piece symbolizes hope and the often-unknown strength of the human spirit.

'Til next time!

Lynelle 

Enjoying some time out at the scenic V&A Waterfront in Cape Town

REBIRTH

Could have. Would have. Should have…

Letting go, the unbearable weight finally lifting, no longer smothered, I am free to breathe, to soar, to reach for a better dream, heights I had previously thought unattainable. And strange enough, contrary to my expectation, there was no announcement from the heavens, shepherded by a trumpet call, signaling the change I had sought in my soul for so long. It came as a quiet realisation that somewhere deep inside me, the shackles of my own invention had broken, dissolved within the desperate strength of my unwavering resolve... ENOUGH

I am like a child, born again, uncertain of taking the first few steps toward a distant horizon. But where there was once fear, there is now hope, its frail wings beating against the cage of its own imprisonment. Starting with feeble, irregular tappings  against the cold, metal bars, testing out their strength, growing to a powerful, percussive symphony, needing to break free. The dissonance grows louder until it is unbearable... ACT

My silent scream tears through the cacophony, my throat ripping open, until I hear what I thought I had lost so long ago. My voice. The beauty of its clarity piercing through the chaos, strong and pure. The noise fades into nothing. I am naked, exposed. Yet I am not vulnerable, I am not alone. My voice continues to ring through the emptiness, growing in strength, resonating across the once barren soil of my heart. Suddenly exhaustion overcomes me, and as I lay myself down upon the cold hard earth, I am enveloped by the overwhelming power of love, self-love, acceptance. It warms my whole body, my entire existence, and I fall asleep with a smile upon my face...


2 comments:

  1. Fascinating reading. Such poetry, such honesty, such emotion.
    Enjoyed watching your Top Billing journey. Saw your profile on Linked in. You may want to change the spelling of Heshey to HERSHEY.

    I wish you could perform in America. Reach out to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir folks...that would be great opportunity. Also, reach out American Theatres.....keep reaching, keep trying, you are truly uniquely beautiful and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should also absolutely reach out to the following American TV shows:
    http://www.oprah.com/index.html. This is owned by a African-American lady.

    www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/
    The networks, for their upcoming holiday specials: Abc.com; nbc.com, cbs.com, cnn.com. These shopping shows are always looking for guests who perform and sell their music: QVC.com. Reach out to Walt Disney Studios. Your talent is too great to not showcase to the world. Just reach out!!! You could have your own HBO.com special! Reach out to this new singer to come on her gigs: Jackie Evancho. Just keep reaching.

    ReplyDelete